Regional Victoria’s largest private hospital located in the vibrant city of Geelong is seeking a Deputy Director of Nursing – Surgical and Procedural Services. The hospital provides a comprehensive range of acute services to the rapidly growing coastal city. The modern and up-to-date hospital has a 24/7 accident and emergency department, a comprehensive surgical program supported by a 12-bed critical/intensive care unit, and rapidly growing cardiology, medical, rehabilitation, and cancer services and maternity services with a special care nursery.
Reporting to the Director of Nursing, you will be responsible for optimising patient safety, quality of care and experience, operational efficiency, VMO relationship, and achievement of the strategic objectives of the hospital’s surgical procedural services including operating theatres, CSSD, and DOSA services.
- Contributes to and promotes the development of the Hospital’s goals, objectives, policies, and standards.
- Provides clinical leadership to establish and maintain the highest standards of nursing practice in a patient-focused environment.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates quality programs and provides leadership and professional expertise to ensure nursing care is monitored against best practice standards.
- Oversee and assist in preparing annual capital and operating budgets for the nursing directorate and ensuring that financial and productivity targets are met.
- Investigate any variance in financial performance against budget and develop appropriate corrective strategies.
- Provides leadership and direction to caregivers building a culture of professionalism, accountability, and quality service.
You will have registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia as a Registered Nurse/Registered Midwife with extensive contemporary management leadership experience in a Senior Nursing position in an Acute Hospital Facility.
To succeed, you will have the ability to build strong working relationships with nursing teams, medical practitioners, and other key stakeholders.
If you are seeking a fresh challenge for 2024, one where you can make an immediate impact while helping to guide the next growth phase of one the most respected private hospitals in regional Victoria, now is the time to contact Val Clarke on 0497 910 391 or send an updated copy of your resume to [email protected]
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!