- Competitive hourly rates (Get paid above standard rates!)
- Flexible working hours and Work-life balance (Work around your lifestyle!)
- Career development and in house training opportunities
Do you love making a difference in others’ lives? Are you passionate about supporting individuals with Intellectual Disability and Complex Behaviours? Come and work with one of Australia’s largest and most established Healthcare Staffing Agency.
Healthcare Australia (HCA) is a National organisation that provides a variety of direct and indirect (Agency) services to the Healthcare Sector. We are currently experiencing high demand for our NDIS and Community Care Services in the ACT and looking for committed and energetic Disability Support Worker to join our team to deliver these services.
About the Role:
You will be supporting clients with Complex Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities. Your role will further include:
- Supporting individuals in Community Access, In Home Support and Supported Living Accommodations
- Enhance the lives of individuals by engaging with their daily activities and assisting with daily routine including personal care, menu planning, cooking and serving meals, cleaning, shopping and other activities of daily living
- Manage accurate and detailed shift reports including progress notes and incident reports
- Ability to work collaborative in a team and autonomously
- Flexible working hours & shift variety
- Competitive hourly rates of pay + penalty rates
- Potential to evolve into a permanent part-time position
- Free Training and development opportunities include MAYBO, Manual Handling, Peg Feeding, Bowel Care, Midazolam, Medication Admin and more!
- Easy App for managing your shifts and submitting timesheets
- 24/7 support with dedicated after-hours team
- Readily available Employee Assistance Program
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Current CPR, FIRST AID, Working with Children Check (WWCC) & NDIS Worker Check (or willing to obtain)
- Minimum of 12 months experience supporting individuals living with Intellectual Disability, Mental Health, or Youth in Crisis
- Qualification in Disability, Individual Support, Mental Health, Youth or in other related fields is highly desirable
- Evidence of 1st & 2nd dose of Covid Vaccinations
- Current Drivers License
If you are wanting more information on this opportunity, please call our NSW Community Care Recruitment team at [email protected] or 02 8330 4499.
Hit the APPLY NOW button to begin your new career with the best in the business!”
Due to the high volume of applications, we will only be contacting successful candidates for screening. Successful applicants will be required to clear all relevant probity checks before starting in the role. To apply for this role, please follow the link and submit your resume. HCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants who have an indigenous and/or culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background.
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!