- Must have experience of supporting clients with physical/intellectual disabilities
- Available to work any of the following shifts at least 3-4 times a week: 6am-2pm, 2pm-10pm, Sleepovers/Active Awakes
About Healthcare Australia:
Healthcare Australia (HCA) is a National organisation that provides a number of direct and indirect (aka Agency) services to the Healthcare Sector. We are currently experiencing a HIGH demand for skilled Disability Support Workers to work with our host clients that deliver disability supports in the Rockhampton Region.
HCA is highly regarded within the industry and we are a leading supplier of staffing services to Disability organisations throughout Australia, so the opportunities for you is extensive.
About the role:
- This is a casual role, to start as soon as possible
- Mixture of day shifts (AM/PM), Sleepovers, Awake duties and weekends are available- something to suit everyone’s availability.
- Minimum shift engagement is 3 hours, with shifts typically between 3-8 hours in length.
- Our staff predominately work in disability residential type environments, (eg: SIL houses) and in the community (Community access & engagement support)
This role is diverse! If successful, you will be given the opportunity to work with a variety of leading youth organisations, in a variety of support environments. This is a great way to continue building your skills and professional networks.
You are in control of your availability, so you nominate when you can work and we will try and match shifts to your skills and availability so you can achieve a REAL work/life balance!
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Minimum of two Covid19 vaccinations
- Minimum of 6+ months (FTE) relevant experience
- Experience working in disability settings is highly regarded
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate – (or willing to obtain)
- Current NDIS Workers Screening Clearance – (or willing to obtain)
- Current Working with children clearance – (or willing to obtain)
- Unrestricted Australian drivers license*
- Comprehensively Insured vehicle that can be used to transport participants for community access*
- Kindly note: potential candidates will need to hold work rights in Australia, sponsorship not available
* Many NDIS participants and children in care have difficulties accessing the community using public transport, therefore, staff may be required to utilise their own vehicle or, if available, a company vehicle to transport, which requires staff to hold a suitable AU drivers licence and insurance.
To apply for this role, please follow the link and submit your resume. HCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants who have an indigenous and/or culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background.
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!