Healthcare Australia (HCA) is a National organization that provides a number of direct and indirect (staffing) services to the Healthcare Sector. Due to rapid growth for our NDIS services in the Brisbane North region we are looking for casuals to join the team.
HCA is highly regarded within the industry and we are a leading supplier of staffing services to Hospitals, aged care and community organizations throughout Australia so the opportunities for our workforce is extensive.
The Role – Disability Support Worker:
As a Disability Support Worker, you’ll be an integral part of the lives of people living with disabilities. Your role is to empower your clients to live the life of their choosing by providing day to day support in client homes and in the community with:
Achieving life goals: build professional relationships with clients to understand personal life goals, independent abilities and opportunities to support and empower clients to achieve the things that matter most to them
Personal care: direct support in maintaining personal hygiene, toileting, showering, grooming, preparing for bed etc.
Medication administration and health management: follow medication and health care plans, perform basic medical tasks (PEG feeding, epilepsy management etc.)
Mealtime support and domestic duties: cooking, cleaning, and general maintenance of a safe and healthy environment
Skills and Experience:
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and resilience skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as under direction
- Experience challenging behaviours, manual handling/hoisting and medication assistance is highly regarded
- Proven skills and abilities in providing quality support to people with mental illness and/ or disabilities
- Able to cope with the physical and mental demands of the job
- a strong sense of professional boundaries
- great communication skills
- 12+ months recent paid work in a similar role
- Evidence of the COVID-19 Vaccine
- QLD – Current Paid Blue Card AND Yellow Card/NDIS Workers Screening Check (or willing to obtain)
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate(or willing to obtain)
- Evidence of work rights (e.g., Passport, Birth Certificate or VISA)
- Unrestricted Drivers Licence
- Own reliable car with comprehensive car insurance and willingness to use it for community access shifts.
- Smart phone (HCA uses an APP for managing your work)
- Able to provide 2 work references
- Cert III in Disability or Individual Support or higher is highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience supporting clients with Mental Health illnesses physical and intellectual disabilities
- Demonstrated experience supporting clients with complex behaviours and high needs
- Demonstrated experience supporting complex and challenging behaviours incl. verbal/ physical aggression and self-harm
- A strong sense of professional boundaries
- Opportunity to work consistent weekly hours
- 24/7 support with a dedicated after-hours team
- Manage your shifts and payroll on our easy to use eHCA App.
- Weekly pay
- Supportive team environment
- Competitive remuneration
- Potential to transfer interstate
Apply Today Due to the high volume of applications, we will only be contacting successful candidates for screening. Successful applicants will be required to clear all relevant probity checks before starting in the role. To apply for this role, please follow the link and send your current resume. HCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants who have an indigenous and/or culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!