Healthcare Australia (HCA) is a National organisation that provides a number of direct and indirect (aka Agency) services to the Healthcare Sector. We are currently experiencing a HIGH demand for skilled Disability Support Workers to work with our Host clients across the Gold Coast and also for Northern NSW areas such as Tweed Heads.
HCA is highly regarded within the industry and we are a leading supplier of staffing services to Hospitals, aged care and community organisations throughout Australia, so the opportunities for our workforce is extensive.
About the role:
- This is a casual role, though there are plenty of opportunities to evolve to a Perm Part-time role within HCA and/or transition to a Permanent employment with our Host organisations.
- Mixture of day shifts, Sleepovers, Awake shifts and weekends shifts available- something to suit everyone’s availability.
- Indirect (Agency) shifts have a minimum engagement of 3 hours though shifts are typically 5+ hours in length
- Various types of shifts available such as; In Home (daily living assistance), Community (Community access & engagement support) and Supported Independent Living (SIL)
This role is diverse! If successful, you will be given the opportunity to work with a variety of leading disability organisations, in a variety of support environments. This is a great way to continue building your skills and professional networks.
You are in control of your availability, so you nominate when you can work and we will try and match shifts to your skills and availability so you can achieve a REAL work/life balance!
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Minimum 12 months (FTE) Relevant experience
- Experience working in Residential Settings is highly regarded
- Able to assist clients with Medications is highly regarded
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate – (or willing to obtain)
- Current NDIS Workers Screening (or Acceptable check)– (or willing to obtain)
- Current Working with children clearance – (or willing to obtain)
- Smart phone (HCA uses an APP for managing your work)
- Unrestricted drivers license*
- Comprehensively Insured vehicle that can be used to transport participants for community access is Highly regarded
* It is common for NDIS participants to require transporting due to challenges accessing public transport options, therefore, staff may be required to utilise their own vehicle or, if available, a company vehicle, to carry out community access. For these reasons applicants will ideally need to hold a suitable AU Drivers licence.
To apply for this role, please follow the link and submit your resume. HCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants who have an indigenous and/or culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background.
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!