Healthcare Australia (HCA) is a National Organisation & Registered NDIS Provider specialising in Core Supports providing in Home Support and Community Access to NDIS participants in the Queensland Region.
The Role – NDIS Disability Support Worker:
As a Disability Support Worker, you’ll be an integral part of the lives of people living with disabilities. Your role is to empower your clients to live the life of their choosing by providing day to day support in client homes and in the community with:
Achieving life goals: Build professional relationships with clients to understand personal life goals, independent abilities and opportunities to support and empower clients to achieve the things that matter most to them
Personal care: Direct support in maintaining personal hygiene, toileting, showering, grooming, preparing for bed etc.
Medication administration and health management: Follow medication and health care plans, perform medical tasks (PEG feeding, epilepsy management etc.)
Mealtime support and domestic duties: Cooking, basic cleaning, and ensuring the general maintenance of a safe and healthy environment
Skills and Experience:
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and resilience skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as under direction
- Proven skills and abilities in providing quality support to people with mental illness and/ or disabilities
- Adaptability to work with different individuals including complex and challenging behaviours.
- Able to cope with the physical and mental demands of the job
- A strong sense of professional boundaries
- Great communication skills
- Cert III in Disability/Individual Support or higher will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience supporting clients with Mental Health illnesses physical and intellectual disabilities
- Demonstrated experience with specialty supports, such as Bowel & Catheter Care, Peg Feeding, Epilepsy & Diabetes Management
- Demonstrated experience supporting clients with complex behaviours and high needs
- Previous experience working with Behavioural Support Plans will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated experience supporting complex and challenging behaviours incl. verbal/ physical aggression and self-harm
- Need to be fit and active
- Have a strong sense of professional boundaries
- 12+ months paid work in a similar role
- Evidence of the COVID-19 Vaccination doses
- QLD – Current Paid Blue Card AND
- QLD – Yellow Card/NDIS Workers Screening Check
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR Certificate
- Evidence of work rights (e.g., Passport, Birth Certificate or VISA)
- QLD Unrestricted Driver Licence
- Own reliable car with comprehensive car insurance and willingness to use it for community access shifts.
- Smartphone (iOS or Android)
Queensland has introduced a “NO CARD, NO START” policy, Please make sure you understand the requirements for a Disability Worker Screening Clearance. Visit the website here:
- Opportunity to work consistent weekly hours
- 24/7 support with a dedicated after-hours team
- Manage your shifts and payroll on our easy to use eHCA App.
- Weekly pay
- Supportive team environment
- Competitive remuneration
- Potential to transfer interstate
Please note: two current work related references are required as part of this application
Apply Today Due to the high volume of applications, we will only be contacting successful candidates for screening. Successful applicants will be required to clear all relevant probity checks before starting in the role. To apply for this role, please follow the link and send your current resume. HCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants who have an indigenous background and/or culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background. To apply for this role, please follow the link and send your current resume. HCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants who have an indigenous and/or culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!