We have an exciting new opportunity for our Sunshine Coast Disability Support Workers (specifically the Maroochydore/Birtinya area ). We are looking for highly skilled and experienced Support Workers that are looking for job security and longer shifts. The ideal candidate should be creative and outgoing, engaging and motivating towards our customers to assist them to achieve their NDIS goals.
About the Opportunity:
We are looking for a special kind of person.
We want someone who puts compassion, connection and caring for others at the heart of everything that they do.
We want you to be part of an experienced, engaged and dedicated team that are helping to create a supportive caring environment.
You will be supporting our clients in a Supported Independent Living Home (SIL).
This will include assistance with their daily living requirements, personal care, domestic assistance, transport, and other aspects of their daily living as specified in their NDIS Plan.
Demonstrated Skills and Experience that are highly regarded:
– Peg feeding
– Tracheostomy Care
– Catheter Care
– Bowel Care
– Epilepsy Management
– Diabetes Management
– Hoisting and Manual Handling
Experience and Mandatory Requirements:
– 12 months paid experience working in the disability field or similar
– Certificate III in Disability or Individual Support or higher is highly regarded
– Flexibility to work days, nights and weekends
– Valid QLD Drivers Licence, have access to a car (Comprehensive Insurance)
– Current First Aid Certificate (dated within the last 3 years)
– Current CPR Certificate (dated within the last 12 months)
– COVID 19 – Vaccination Record
– Current paid *NDIS Worker Screening Card or Yellow Card
– Current paid *Working with Children Check Card (WWCC) and
– Current Police Check not less than 6 months
*Queensland has introduced a “NO CARD, NO START” policy, Please make sure you understand the requirements for a Disability Worker Screening Clearance. Visit the website here:
Please note: Only successful candidates will be contacted. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
Please press apply now or send your resume to [email protected]
HealthCare Australia welcomes applications from culturally and linguistically diverse candidates, those from the LGBTQIA
community, people who may have a disability and/or mental illness and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People.
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!