Healthcare Australia is the leading healthcare recruitment solutions provider of nurses, midwives, aged care workers, doctors, allied health professionals and medical specialists in Australia. With over 14 offices Australia-wide as well as New Zealand and the UK we pride ourselves on the quality of staff and reputation.
This is a community-based role supporting our elderly customers in their own homes. You will be required to travel between clients, have flexible availability between 7 am and 7pm Monday to Friday , and transport clients when necessary. Every day is a little different, so you can expect to visit and support multiple customers each day, assisting them with one or more of the duties below depending on their individual requirements.
Shifts available in The Gap, Keperra and North-western Suburbs.
** Please apply only if you are willing to travel to above mentioned suburbs**
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Personal care: showering, dressing, grooming and medication assistance.
- Social support/transportation for social activities, shopping/groceries, and travelling to medical appointments.
- Domestic assistance: light household cleaning, laundry, and meal preparation.
- Supporting customers in the use of aids and personal equipment.
- Supporting customers with complex and/or challenging needs.
- Monitoring the well-being of customers and reporting on their progress
- Provide updates on customer progress following each service.
- Caring, compassionate & friendly
- Good interpersonal skills & written/verbal communication skills
- Reliable & dependable
- Ability to build rapport & good working relationships.
- Comfortable using technology (i.e. mobile app) for accessing rosters & recording customer notes/feedback
What you will need:
- Hold a Certificate III or IV in Aged Care, Home & Community Care, Individual Support or Disability Services (Essential).
- Current First Aid & CPR certificate.
- Current Australian Driver’s License.
- Reliable, registered, and insured vehicle.
- Smart phone with internet access.
- Current police check (less than 6 months old)
- COVID-19 Vaccinated x 2 doses.
- If applicable – able to commit and allocate time to complete the recruitment process on our ONLINE PORTAL, complete Online Competencies/eLearning Modules and attend a paid INDUCTION DAY in person in one of our HCA Offices (Brisbane/ Gold Coast/ Sunshine Coast)
- Opportunity to work consistent weekly hours/ regular Rosters on a CASUAL basis.
- 24/7 support with a dedicated after-hours team.
- Work Life Balance.
- Manage your shifts and Payroll on our “easy to use” eHCA App.
- Weekly pay/ Competitive Remuneration & Superannuation payments.
- Access to free training for “active” HCA STAFF.
- Potential to transfer interstate or international.
Next steps: If you would like to join our growing team and become part of our friendly, professional network please apply today by clicking on “Apply”.
Please only apply, if you meet the “What we require” criteria for the advertised role.
Please be advised that due to the competitive nature of the applicant pool only suitable and qualified applicants will be contacted.
To apply for this role, please follow the link and submit your resume. HCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants who have an indigenous and/or culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background.
Kindly note: potential candidates will need to hold work rights in Australia, sponsorship not available.
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!