IMMEDIATE need for a suitably qualified and experienced IPC Nurse. Working Monday to Friday, fixed term contract to 30th June, 2022 with view to extend.
HCA is contracted with the Victorian Government as the Primary Healthcare Provider for Melbourne Quarantine Hotels.
This is a great opportunity to make your mark within a very high-profile project in Victoria!
Reporting directly to the IPC Team Lead the successful incumbent will Assisst with Quality and IPC manager to ensure safe and effective related delivery across all programs and staff areas according to Frameworks.
The IPC Lead will be working collaboratively with Operations and Health Team Managers, as well as Medical and Nursing Teams & stakeholders to ensure identified issues are escalated and remedied.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensure adherence to effective infection prevention and control guidelines and best practice
- Reinforce COVID best practices re washing hands (hand hygiene practices), wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), social distancing, contact with residents and colleagues
- Re-iterate the clear focus of infection control measures undertaken by all staff within sites remains stringent and identify and remediate issues/risks/concerns
- Conduct audits to measure effectiveness of IPC practices and report
- Follow up on any action items from audits and implement education to improve practices including the preparation and provision of educational materials and process maps
- Maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders inclusive of CQV IPC staff, Clinical Governance and pathology laboratories
- Maintain and continuously update all Project manuals, forms, education modules and comparative audits
- Stay apprised of existing, new, or emerging regulatory guidance related to Project; work closely with operational business units to ensure guidance is understood and implemented
- Ensure regular updates on COVID best practice and changing standards enforced realising that Quarantine Hotels guidelines may remain more vigilant than the community due to our higher risk clientele
- Familiarise and work in accordance with HCA QMS and WHS systems; policies and procedures
- Represent Project clinical operations on clinical-related external audits and requests
Qualifications and Experience:
● ACIPC foundations of Infection Control
● Current AHPRA registration
● COVID-19 swab accreditation/compliance
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and other software applications
● Superior communication skills, written and verbal
● Initiative, flexibility and strong attention to detail
● Experience in a clinical environment related to IPC
Healthcare Australia (HCA) is Australia’s largest specialist healthcare recruitment and staffing provider. We are a large and diverse healthcare business with a strong presence in the staffing of nursing, community and allied sectors in all States of Australia.
HCA is proudly supporting and contracted as the Primary Healthcare Provider for Quarantine Hotels, and the Covid-19 Vaccination Program.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH HCA
- We are a people-centric business with our core values driving everything we do
- Work with a truly high-quality product
- Close, friendly and supportive team environment
- Ongoing training and support
This is an opportunity to make your mark within a friendly, supportive and highly regarded organisation. Please send your current CV and cover letter outlining your experience
At HCA we are committed to embracing diversity and committed to providing a safe working environment.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!