Healthcare Australia ‘HCA’ is a specialist healthcare staffing and workforce management company, providing agency staffing recruitment services, workforce management solutions, vocational training and continuing professional development courses. We are proud to play an active role in our nation’s health and wellbeing as we touch the lives of over 35,000 Aussies every day. The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is the new way of providing support for Australians with disability, their families and carers. The NDIS will provide about 460,000 Australians under the age of 65 with a permanent and significant disability with the reasonable and necessary supports they need to live an ordinary life. Our goal is to build a robust and sustainable range of Home-care and Disability services to be provided direct to our customers which will then provide them with the ability to achieve their goals including living in their own home.
With such a massive influx of participants and the associated need for casual support workers to ensure the NDIS is run smoothly we are currently looking to strengthen our Care Coordination team.
The primary focus of a Care Coordinator is to provide care coordination to a broad range of participants who receive funded supports via the NDIS; utilising professional skills to assist customers to strengthen their abilities to develop a workable plan and implement supports and participate more fully in the community.
The requirements of the role are travelling to assess, create individualised Support Plans and to supervise and approve the care to our NDIS participants, provided by our support workers, signing off competencies of care such as peg feeding, diabetes management and tracheostomy care.
- Assess new participants and create individualised/person-centred plans
- Deliver outcomes for customers as outlined in their NDIS plan.
- Work remotely and autonomously when required
- Assess and sign off care competencies/nursing competencies provided by support workers.
- Negotiate and coordinate supports and services that create an opportunity for people to be as independent as possible.
- Ensure that the customers outcomes are identified, documented and all required service is provided as per the participants plan.
- Regularly check-in and review participants support
- Deliver plans and supports in a person-centred approach.
- Manage Government contractual requirements under the NDIS guidelines.
- Assist the clinical manager with clinical matters within your scope.
Working for us will put you in a strategic position with your career, with opportunities for growth and development along with financial and non-financial benefits. Healthcare Australia will continue to grow at exponential levels over the next few years and offers significant career advancement opportunities for the successful applicant If you are looking to join a market leader in the ever-growing healthcare industry and contributing towards delivering the highest level of customer care in Australia, then HCA is for you. We are a people-concentric business with our core values being the heart and soul of all that we do.
A driven individual with a passion for the Healthcare Industry – in particular, working with people with disabilities.
- Experience in providing specialised coordination and or assessments within current qualifications
- Knowledge in Dual Diagnosis, Mental Health, Youth or Family Support
- High emotionally intelligent with an ability to emphasise with the customer and react to their ever-changing needs.
- Positive attitude towards people with a disability, mental illness and the families and friends that support them
- Hold current or willing to obtain a Working with Children Check
- Hold current or willing to obtain an NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Hold current police check (within 3 years) or willing to allow HCA to run one
- 1-2 years community nurse experience (essential)
- APHRA Registered Nurse registration (essential)
If the answer to all the above is ‘yes’ then apply today for the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people with disability.
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!