Make a Difference!
Healthcare Australia (HCA) is an international organisation & registered NDIS provider specialising in Core Supports providing In Home and Community Access support to NDIS participants.
We are currently looking for creative and outgoing Disability Support Workers for our CASUAL STAFF POOL in BRISBANE NORTH (incl. Aspley, Chermside, Everton Park, Sandgate, Strathpine, Kallangur, Mango Hill, North Lakes, Rothwell, Deception Bay) to support, engage and motivate our customers to achieve their NDIS goals.
The Role – Disability Support Worker:
- Looking for support workers to commit to regular and consistent shift schedules incl. day/ night, weekend and Public Holiday shifts.
- Support individuals of all ages with intellectual impairments, mental health and/or physical disabilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and resilience skills.
- Experience providing personal care, assisting with medications and transfers.
- Adaptability to work with different individuals.
- Must be creative and resourceful to assist customers achieve their goals – providing high quality 1:1 support with Daily Living.
- Passionate, empathetic & committed to provide the best care to each individual.
- Support physical health and emotional well-being.
- Assisting individuals to and from community-based activities and medical appointments when required.
- Complete all relevant documentation and reporting/ shift notes as required.
- Cert III or higher in relevant field
- Must have 12+ months PAID experience working in a similar role
- QLD PAID Blue Card/ Working with Children Check
- PAID NDIS Worker Screening Clearance
- First Aid Certificate (current)
- CPR Certificate (current)
- able to provide 100 points of ID incl. evidence of work rights in Australia and willingness to undergo a Police Check
- COVID Vaccinated (2 doses)
- Unrestricted QLD Driver Licence
- Own reliable transport (willing to use for work)
- Full Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Smartphone (iOS or Android)
- if applicable – able to commit and allocate time to complete the recruitment process on our ONLINE PORTAL, complete Online Competencies/eLearning Modules and attend an INDUCTION DAY in person in one of our HCA Offices (Brisbane/ Gold Coast/ Sunshine Coast)
Experience highly regarded:
- Manual Handling/ Transfers
- Personal Care Assistance/ Personal Hygiene
- Medication Assistance & Administration
- PEG Feeding
- Bowel & Catheter Care
- Mental Health & MAYBO
- Diabetes & Epilepsy Management
- experience with complex & challenging behaviours
- TCI & Trauma
- Youth Work
- Opportunity to work consistent weekly hours/ regular Rosters on a CASUAL basis.
- 24/7 support with a dedicated after-hours team.
- Work Life Balance.
- Manage your shifts and Payroll on our “easy to use” eHCA App.
- Weekly pay/ Competitive Remuneration & Superannuation payments.
- Supportive team environment and ability work work shifts across NDIS/ Community Care and Home Care.
- Access to free training for “active” HCA STAFF.
- Potential to transfer interstate or international.
Please only apply, if you meet the MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS for the advertised role.
Please be advised that due to the competitive nature of the applicant pool only suitable and qualified applicants will be contacted.
To apply for this role, please follow the link and submit your resume. HCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants who have an indigenous and/or culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background.
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!