Healthcare Australia ‘HCA’ is a national specialist healthcare staffing and direct care service provider that has a strong value set that believes in ethical business practice in providing effective support staff to NDIS participants.
Now in our 50th year, as an employer we focus on our people to ensure a great home/work life balance. We play a crucial role in shaping the future of Healthcare in Australia; we embrace a culture of diversity and inclusivity, and we offer flexible working arrangements with opportunities to further your career. At HCA we enjoy a working environment where our employees feel valued.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is the incoming way of providing support for Australians with disability, their families and carers. The NDIS will provide about 460,000 Australians under the age of 65 with a permanent and significant disability with the reasonable and necessary supports they need to live a fuller life. Our goal is to build a robust and sustainable range of NDIS 1:1 service direct to customers which will then provide them with the ability to achieve their goals including living in their own home.
Reporting to the Rostering Team Leader, you will join an established and experienced team of Roster Consultants responsible for the allocation of shifts to our Disability Support Workers (DSW) for our NDIS clients. We are currently looking to strengthen our team in the Woolloongabba, Queensland office.
- Manage the roster according to the Annual Workforce Plan
- Answering phone calls and assisting with client and stakeholder enquiries
- Scheduling of support staff and ensuring all shifts are filled in a timely manner
- Understanding the client needs to match appropriate skilled staff to clients; to deliver services in line with their care plan
- Identifying gaps in the roster, ensuring there is a pool of support workers credentialed and ready for shifts
- Supervision of support workers on a regular basis
- Engage and communicate effectively within all divisions of NDIS
- Reporting incidents immediately in line with the NDIS Incident reporting
- Perform ad hoc duties and projects assigned by your manager
- Current Police Check (or willing to obtain);
- Current WWCC (or willing to obtain);
- NDIS Workers Screening Check (or willing to obtain)
- Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate or Immunization evidence required
If you are looking to join a market leader in the ever-growing healthcare industry and contributing towards delivering the highest level of NDIS services in Australia, then HCA is for you. We are a people-centric business with our core values being the heart and soul of all that we do.
Working for us will put you in a strategic position with your career, with opportunities for growth and development along with financial and non-financial benefits. Healthcare Australia will continue to grow at exponential levels over the next few years and offers significant career advancement opportunities for the successful applicant. Ongoing training will be provided for the position.
Is this you?
- Answering phone/email enquires in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in rostering within the healthcare sector (desirable)
- Driven, passionate and dedicated to delivering effective supports to with people with disability
- Emotionally intelligent and an ability to emphasis with customers and respond to their ever-changing needs.
- Ability to calmly perform in high pressure situations
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
If the answer to all the above is ‘yes’ then apply today for the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people with disability.
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!