Our client is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced Registered Midwives to join our dedicated and multi-skilled Midwifery team.
In this role, you will be expected to work across all areas of our obstetrics department, caring for antenatal, labour/birth and postnatal patients. This role will provide you with the opportunity to utilise your clinical skills and experience to provide dedicated patient care and support in a dynamic and supportive environment.
This position will be offered on a permanent full time and part time basis, working across a variety of shifts on a rotating roster including night shifts.
Current or recent clinical experience in midwifery, including birth suite, nursery and antenatal/postnatal is essential for further consideration.
- Supervise, care for and advise pregnant women during pregnancy
- Provide support during labour and birth, including information on pain relief and breastfeeding
- Book tests and scans and make other medical appointments
- Care for women and their babies after the birth
- Obtain specialist assistance when needed
- Carry out some emergency measures in the absence of a specialist
- AHPRA Registration
- Demonstrated recent clinical experience in an acute care and/or hospital setting
- Ability to work unsupervised, proficiently and in an organised manner during periods of high demand and activity
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal skills and customer service skills
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Current registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse/Midwife.
- Knowledge of acts, codes and standards relevant to current practice.
- A commitment to personal ongoing education and professional development.
- Clear concise written and verbal communication.
- Well-developed interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Ability to identify and solve problems, or seek help from appropriate resources.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality patient care and patient satisfaction
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously within the multi-disciplinary health care team.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask to achieve desired results
- Knowledge and experience in the application of continuous quality improvement principles.
- An understanding of and ability to apply occupational health and safety principles to ensure own safety and that of others in the workplace.
We can offer you the following:
- Unique and competitive overseas relocation support offered including;
- Assistance with Australian work visas with progression to permanent residency (where applicable)
- A personalised meet and greet and support from a relocation specialist to assist with housing, school tours, temporary accommodation, taxation, banking and settling in
- Up to $10,000 financial relocation assistance for eligible items such as visa fees, flights, quarantine or shipping
- Highly competitive salary & conditions, $77,502 to $101,988 pro rata p.a. inclusive of superannuation
- Generous salary packaging options
- Up to $9010 on a range of benefits such as mortgage, your rent, or other everyday living expenses
- Up to $2650 on meal entertainment, holiday accommodation and venue hire
- Access to novated leasing to use pre-tax dollars for a car and expenses
- A welcoming and supportive culture
- Dynamic multidisciplinary team
- Opportunities for post-graduate support for your chosen career path and interests
- Additional professional development and qualification allowances
- A sign-on bonus up to $6,000 paid pro-rata over the next 12 months
- Up to 10k relocation reimbursement
If this sounds like you, please forward your Cover Letter and Resume to Sharon Eden at [email protected] or call for a confidential chat 08 7421 4437
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!