We are in growth mode and as such are now looking for an ambitious Senior Accountant to join Healthcare Australia’s Financial Control team.
The focus of this role is on process improvement and re-design and will provide an opportunity to drive real change.
To be successfull you are a thinker and a doer, who thrives in a fast past environment!
The role reports to the Finance Manager and will oversee a portfolio of business units. The role offers you the opportunity to build relationships and partner with senior stakeholders across the business.
Initially, this is a 6-month fixed term contract offering an attractive salary as well as flexible working arrangements.
Your responsibilities will include, however not be limited to;
- Monthly accounting for the end-of-month processes, including monthly variance analysis reviews with Chief Operating Officers and General Managers
- Process improvement and re-design, to create efficiencies
- Preparation of monthly financial and management reporting package
- Cash-flow management
- Month-end balance sheet reconciliations
- Submission of monthly statutory returns and compliance activities
- Liaise with external auditors
- Provide technical accounting support, including writing of accounting papers delivered to CFO/Board
- Assisting with ad hoc, transformation projects
Skills & experience required:
- You will be a Qualified (CA/CPA) Financial Accountant, with 2-3 years post qualification experience gained within large/complex organisations
- Big 4 accounting firm background preferred
- Proven ability to question the norm in regards to current processes & systems.
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Strong analytical & numeracy skills
- Comfortable prioritising and managing multiple deliverables
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
Healthcare Australia (HCA) is Australia’s largest specialist healthcare recruitment and staffing provider. We are a large and diverse healthcare business with a strong presence in the staffing of nursing, community and allied sectors in all States of Australia.
HCA is proudly supporting and contracted as the Primary Healthcare Provider for Quarantine Hotels, and the Covid-19 Vaccination Program.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH HCA
- We are a people-centric business with our core values driving everything we do
- Centrally located in CBD
- Public transport on the doorstep
- Future career opportunities with an expanding national organisation
- Close, friendly and supportive team environment
- Ongoing training and support
- Flexible working arrangements
Working for HCA will put you in a strategic position, with opportunities for career growth and development along with financial and non-financial benefits. Healthcare Australia will continue to grow at exponential levels over the next few years and offers significant career advancement opportunities for the successful applicant.
This is an opportunity to make your mark within a friendly, supportive and highly regarded organisation. Please send your current CV and cover letter outlining your experience.
At HCA we are committed to embracing diversity and committed to providing a safe working environment.
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!