Healthcare Australia (HCA) is a National organisation that provides a number of direct and indirect (aka Agency) services to the Healthcare Sector. We are currently experiencing a HIGH demand for skilled Disability Support and Youth Workers to work with our host clients that deliver Child Safety &/or NDIS supports in the Rockhampton & Gladstone Regions
HCA is highly regarded within the industry and we are a leading supplier of staffing services to Hospitals, aged care and community organisations throughout Australia, so the opportunities for our workforce is extensive.
About the role:
- This is a casual role.
- Mixture of day shifts (AM/PM), Sleepovers, Awake duties and weekends are available- something to suit everyone’s availability.
- Minimum shift engagement is 3 hours, with shifts typically between 3-8 hours in length.
- Our staff predominately work in Residential type environments, (eg: SIL/SDA) however we also provide staff to support NDIS participants in their own home (daily living assistance) and in the community (Community access & engagement support)
This role is diverse! If successful, you will be given the opportunity to work with a variety of leading disability organisations, in a variety of support environments. This is a great way to continue building your skills and professional networks.
You are in control of your availability, so you nominate when you can work and we will try and match shifts to your skills and availability so you can achieve a REAL work/life balance!
To be considered for this role you will need:
- To be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Minimum of 6+ months (FTE) Relevant experience
- Experience working in Residential Settings is highly regarded
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate – (or willing to obtain)
- Current NDIS Workers Screening Clearance – (or willing to obtain)
- Current Working with children clearance – (or willing to obtain)
- Smart phone (HCA uses an APP for managing your work)
- Unrestricted Australian drivers license*
- Comprehensively Insured vehicle that can be used to transport participants for community access* – Highly regarded
* Many NDIS participants and children in care have difficulties accessing the community using public transport, therefore, staff may be required to utilise their own vehicle or, if available, a company vehicle to transport, which requires staff to hold a suitable AU drivers licence and insurance.
To apply for this role, please follow the link and submit your resume. HCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants who have an indigenous and/or culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background.
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!