Healthcare Australia ‘HCA’ is a national specialist healthcare staffing and direct care service provider that has a strong value set that believes in ethical business practice in providing effective support staff to NDIS participants. We are a large and diverse healthcare business with a strong presence in traditional staffing of nursing, community and allied sectors, but with a footprint in more diverse areas of healthcare such as corporate health, defence, and education.
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is the incoming way of providing support for Australians with a disability, their families and carers. The NDIS will provide about 460,000 Australians under the age of 65 with a permanent and significant disability with the reasonable and necessary supports they need to live a fuller life. Our goal is to build a robust and sustainable range of NDIS 1:1 service direct to customers which will then provide them with the ability to achieve their goals including living in their own home.
HCA Sunshine Coast is looking for a Supported Independent Living (SIL) House Team Leader to join our disability services team on a permanent part-time basis.
The position will be responsible for developing and maintaining quality support, creating outcomes, and increasing client skills; providing a safe and welcoming home for our participants. Exceptional leadership skills and ability to bring out the best professional qualities within the team to ensure exceptional service delivery.
The SIL House/Team Leader oversees the day-to-day operations of their program/service under general direction from NDIS State Manager. The Role will lead, manage, and develop support staff to provide high-quality and values-aligned support to HCA NDIS SIL Clients.
- Oversee the delivery of all supports within the house
- Demonstrate well-developed leadership skills with the capacity to build a professional team
- Build and maintain solid stakeholder relationships
- Undertake a range of functions requiring the application of high-level knowledge and skills in all aspects of service development, implementation, and review in line with HCA NDIS strategic and operating plans
Working for us will put you in a strategic position with your career, with opportunities for growth and development along with financial and non-financial benefits. Healthcare Australia will continue to grow at exponential levels over the next few years and offers significant career advancement opportunities for the successful applicant.
If you are looking to join a market leader in the ever-growing healthcare industry and contribute towards delivering the highest level of NDIS services in Australia, then HCA is for you. We are a people-centric business with our core values being the heart and soul of all that we do.
Is this you?
- Driven, passionate and dedicated to delivering effective supports to people with disability
- Emotionally intelligent and an ability to emphasise with customers and respond to their ever-changing needs.
- Ability to calmly perform in high-pressure situations
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Looking to establish yourself within an organisation to grow.
- Hold current or willing to obtain the NDIS Workers Screening check, police and working with children check
- Previous experience in a SIL setting/similar role will be highly regarded.
If the answer to all the above is ‘yes’ then apply today for the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of people with disabilities.
At HCA we are committed to embracing diversity and committed to providing a safe working environment. We invite applications from people from all walks of life, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse ages, cultures, faiths, abilities, gender and sexuality.
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!