Free flights with HCA
HCA R&R's got your travel covered. Whether it's free flights, fuel, buses, accommodation — we've got you sorted.
Travel FREE with HCA Rural & Remote
- Eligible HCA Rural & Remote candidates will receive free flights to and from their minimum 6-week placements in Australia.
- The ‘Travel FREE with HCA’ incentive are effective from 00:00 AEST 1st August 2017 to 23:59 AEST 31st December 2021. All mentions to the ‘dates of the incentive’ refer to these dates.
- The terms and conditions of this promotion may be amended by Healthcare Australia at any time.
- This incentive is available to all HCA Rural & Remote candidates currently located in Australia or overseas and commencing their placement within the dates of the incentive.
- The candidate must be eligible to work in Australia, hold AHPRA Registration with no restrictions and be registered with HCA to participate (if unsure about the process please contact our Rural and Remote Team. They will assist candidates in being work ready).
- To qualify for this incentive, the candidate must successfully complete a minimum placement of 6 weeks.
- Travel refers to all en-route travel WITHIN AUSTRALIA — fuel (equivalent to Best Fare of the Day and identified in candidate agreement) OR flights (economy class only) OR public transport and applicable en–route taxis ONLY from the candidate’s closest airport to the placement location and return to the same airport. Excess baggage reimbursement is capped at $40 per placement. Taxis to/from home are not included.
- Within Australia, travel is to be booked by the consultants. In the case of a candidate needing to book their own travel and transport, this will need to be approved by their consultant before booking.
- All travel must be in the name of the candidate.
- For all placements commencing after January 1, 2019 for INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES: A $300AUD each way international travel allowance is valid for those candidates living outside Australia that comply with our Free Travel promo T&C’s. This allowance may be claimed for flights ONLY from the candidate’s home airport to their entry port into Australia and return. En-route accommodation reimbursement applies only as specified in the candidate agreement. At this point, the standard free travel Ts and Cs WITHIN AUSTRALIA will apply. Travel to Australia will be booked by the candidate and reimbursed upon completion of the first 6 weeks of placement or for successful completion of a minimum 6-week placement.
- The candidate must submit their travel claims to HCA within 14 days of successful placement completion.
- Once all documentation has been received and approved by HCA, the candidate will be reimbursed for their travel within 30 business days.
- Healthcare Australia has no obligation to candidates who do not comply with these terms and conditions.
Travel entitlements apply to specified placement ONLY, as outlined in the candidate agreement. Travel must be completed within 7 days of the end date of the placement, after such time it is the candidate’s financial responsibility to arrange their travel home. HCA will not be obligated to provide any financial travel assistance after this time.
- Candidates who do not meet the criteria of HCA travel policy will have their claim rejected.
- Candidates who do not meet HCA’s strict compliance requirements will have their claim rejected.
- Candidates who do not meet HCA’s compliance requirements will not have travel booked and may be required to pay back any travel outlaid by HCA or relevant Health Service.
- Candidates who do not complete their placements successfully may have their claim rejected and may be required to pay back any travel outlaid by HCA or relevant Health service.
Candidates who utilise airline/travel/bank/rewards points for travel bookings related to placements will not be eligible for reimbursement (e.g. Qantas Frequent Flyer, NZ Air Points, Flybuys points).
All other Terms & Conditions referenced within the Travel Free with HCA incentive will apply
For full T&Cs click HERE
Why give Rural & Remote Placements a try?
Travel free within Australia & subsidised international travel
By working get a $500 rebate towards your education and training
Whether you fancy coastal, outback or anything in between - explore Australia!
Dedicated R&R consultant
Receive personalised support and guidance from our expert team