Free Trans-Tasman Travel
Eligible HCA Rural & Remote candidates who reside in New Zealand will receive free travel to and from Australia for their minimum 8 week placements in Australia.
Free Trans-Tasman Travel with HCA Rural & Remote
Eligible HCA Rural & Remote candidates who reside in New Zealand will receive free travel to and from Australia for their minimum 8-week placements.
- The ‘Free Trans-Tasman Travel with Rural & Remote’ incentive is effective 00:00 AEST 1st January 2023 to 23:59 AEST 31st December 2023. All mentions to the ‘dates of the incentive’ refer to these dates.
- This incentive is available to all HCA Rural & Remote candidates currently located in New Zealand commencing their placement within the dates of the incentive.
- Candidates who successfully complete a minimum placement of 8 weeks will be eligible to claim reimbursement for flights only from their closest international airport in New Zealand, to their entry port into Australia and return. This is capped at $800 each way.
- Flights within New Zealand are not considered at part of this incentive.
- Upon entering Australia, the standard ‘Free National Travel with Rural and Remote’ incentive will apply.
- If you meet the criteria and work a minimum 6-week placement, but don’t reach the criteria of an 8-week placement, you are eligible for the international travel allowance as stipulated in the ‘Free International Travel with Rural & Remote’ incentive. This is capped at $300 each way to and from New Zealand. Please review this incentive for more details.
- This incentive MAY NOT be used in conjunction with the ‘Free International Travel with Rural & Remote’ promotion.
- Expense reimbursements for International travel will only be reviewed post the successful completion of placement.
- For your claim to be considered the Free Trans-Tasman Travel with Rural & Remote promotion must be identified in your candidate agreement.
- It is the responsibility of the worker to advise us in advance that they will be seeking International travel prior to commencing placement
- Only approved International travel support that is relevant to start and completion of completed R&R placements will be considered. Travel that does not coincide with secured placements meeting the minimum timeframes will be rejected.
- Further if you have travelled to placement from a domestic location, any request to claim international travel post-placement will be rejected
- All compliant reimbursements will be converted to Australian dollars if identified as NZ dollars
- All other Terms & Conditions referenced within the ‘Free National Travel with Rural and Remote’ incentive will apply.
- Terms and conditions of this promotion may be amended by Healthcare Australia at any time.
- All international travel support is at the discretion of HCA and subject to change without notice.
For full T&Cs click HERE
Why give Rural & Remote Placements a try?
Travel free within Australia & subsidised international travel
By working get a $500 rebate towards your education and training
Whether you fancy coastal, outback or anything in between - explore Australia!
Dedicated R&R consultant
Receive personalised support and guidance from our expert team