Healthcare Australia is Australia’s largest specialist recruitment and staffing provider in the health and community services industry. We are currently experiencing a HIGH demand for skilled Disability support workers to work with our host clients that deliver NDIS supports. We look for people who share our core values of integrity, excellence, collaboration, sustainability, and innovation.
We are seeking experienced Disability Support Worker for regular casual shifts, including sleepover shifts, for the Inner North of Melbourne.
Your primary responsibility will be to support people living with a disability or young people in a group residential or day placement setting. This can involve manual handling, community access, transportation, personal care, and companionship.
This role is perfect for someone with a person-centred approach, who is energetic and excited to make a difference in people’s lives and is passionate about the work they do
- Minimum of 12 months paid experience in supporting people with disabilities
- A relevant qualification in Disability/Aged Care/Individual Support will be highly regarded
- Two relevant, professional and industry related reference checks.
- Must be willing to provide or obtain a Victorian Working with Children’s Check
- Have a current or be willing to obtain a First Aid (HLTAID003 or HLTAID004) and CPR (HLTAID001) certificate.
- NDIS Screening Check
- Medical Administration Certificate
What we offer:
- Above award wages
- Work/life balance with a variety of shifts
- eHCA mobile app to manage your availability, shifts and time-sheets
- 24/7 consultant support
- Free Victorian police checks
- Support in your role and opportunity to be a part of a team in a company that is growing at an impressive speed in this industry
- Ongoing training opportunities and career development on offer
- Opportunity to work close to home in a rewarding career
Click apply to submit your application.
To be considered for this role applicants must have the right to work in Australia and undergo a police check (at no charge to you). Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!