Healthcare Australia (HCA) is a leading health care recruitment agency in Australia. We aim to provide the best healthcare staffing solutions to help empower and enhance the lifestyle and sense of wellbeing for participants across Australia.
No matter what you’re looking for in your next role in healthcare, Healthcare Australia can help with a permanent, casual or agency role that’s right for you. To make finding that opportunity even easier, we have both agency or in house options available at HCA NDIS, Home Care or Community Care.
Healthcare Australia support workers can choose to work directly for the NDIS and Home Care, or for HCA Community Care. To decide what is best for you, it is important to consider the benefits that each option can offer.
|Working directly for the NDIS or Home Care||Working for HCA Community Care|
|Home-based or community-based care shifts.||Shifts can be home-based, community-based or in a residential setting such as Supported Independent Living (SIL).|
|More consistency with your clients and the ability to develop longer-term relationships.||Flexibility to choose your preferred shift location and allocation of shifts via our award-winning eHCA app.|
|More consistency with rosters since you work with a stable client base.||Australia-wide opportunities. Travel and gain experience across the country.|
|Option to work casual or permanent part-time. Casual hourly rate is $32.15 - $40.56 on weekdays and up to $87.68 on public holidays.||Get paid $32 - $47 on weekdays, $44 - $72 on weekends and up to $92 on Public Holidays, depending on experience and qualifications.|
|Permanent employees receive annual leave and sick leave benefits.||Faster payments. Get paid within 48 hours of your shift.|
We know that for many support workers, flexibility is crucial. However, this type of work does not suit everyone. For those who need consistency in their work lives, a position working directly for the NDIS or Home Care may be more suitable.
To be eligible for a role in the support worker sector you will need:
• Current CPR, First Aid Certificate, Working with Children Check (WWCC) & NDIS Worker Check (or be willing to obtain these).
• Evidence of 3 doses of Covid-19 Vaccination.
• 6 months + relevant experience in disability services.
• Qualification in Disability, Individual Support, Mental Health, Youth or in other related fields is highly desirable.
• Current Driver’s License.
Regardless of whether you choose to work for the NDIS, Home Care or Community Care teams, HCA offers significant support services for health care professionals, including:
• Accredited education and training to further develop your skills.
• On-demand training to upskill your entire organisation.
• The ability to earn CPD points and mandatory training certificates.
• Discounted training through HCA’s online Learning Management System (LMS).
• Incentives and benefits to transition to remote and rural care work.
Whether you are considering a new career in the support services sector or are thinking about a change from your existing role, HCA can help make your job search easy. We help place 1000s of health care professionals in private and public hospital jobs and have more than 50 years’ experience providing world-class staffing solutions in the healthcare industry. No matter what your specialty or level, becoming part of the HCA team opens you up to new possibilities.
If you would like to discuss employment opportunities in more detail, you can contact our Recruitment team on 1300 422 247.