Healthcare Australia is Australia’s largest specialist recruitment and staffing provider in the health and community services industry. We look for people who share our core values of integrity, excellence, collaboration, sustainability and innovation.
We are seeking experienced Disability Support Workers, Social Workers and Youth Workers for casual shifts, including sleepover shifts, particularly in the East and South East of Melbourne.
Your primary responsibility will be to support people living with a disability or young people in a group residential or day placement setting. This can involve manual handling, community access, transportation, personal care and companionship.
This role is perfect for someone with a person-centered approach, who is energetic and excited to make a difference in people’s lives and is passionate about the work they do
- Minimum of 6 months paid experience in supporting people with disabilities in a residential group home setting OR working with Youth from trauma backgrounds in a residential group home.
- A relevant qualification in Disability/Aged Care/Individual Support as well as the Trauma top up units to work with Youth.
- Two relevant, professional and industry related reference checks.
- Must be willing to provide or obtain a Victorian Working with Children’s Check for employment purposes.
- Have a current or be willing to obtain a First Aid (HLTAID003 or HLTAID004) and CPR (HLTAID001) certificate.
- NDIS Worker Screening Check or willing to obtain
Benefits of working for HCA:
- Above award wages
- Free Victorian police checks
- eHCA mobile app to manage your availability, shifts and submit timesheets
- Varied shifts available
- Be supported in your role and be a part of our team in a company that is growing at an impressive speed in this industry
- Opportunity to work close to home in a rewarding career
Click apply to submit your application.
To be considered for this role applicants must have the right to work in Australia and undergo a DWES check, police check and manual handling training (at no charge to you). Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!