Healthcare Australia (HCA), is seeking skilled PCAs to join our team of Aged Care professionals. The ideal candidates are compassionate and committed to providing continuity of care to elderly residents impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work within a rapid response team environment and make a real difference. Shifts would generally be block bookings.
With your help, we can ensure that elderly Australians continue to receive quality care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide personalised care according to the individual care plan
- Apply COVID-19 infection control measures including the correct donning of PPE equipment if required.
- Maintain and enhance the dignity, integrity, rights, and confidentiality of residents
- Understand and follow guidelines, principles, policies and protocols, Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) policies and work practices of the facility or service you are allocated to
- Monitor and report on a resident’s conditions as required
- Provide information and feedback to HCA staff and other health professionals as required
- Comply with the facilities standards regarding resident documentation
Experience, qualifications and documentation requirements:
- Experience working as a Personal Care Attendant working in Aged Care
- Students of Nursing who have completed their aged care placement will be considered
- Certificate III in Aged Care or Individual Support
- Must be available to work 3-4 shifts per week
- “Infection Control Training COVID-19” module and other modules as required and provided by Healthcare Australia
- Australian driver’s license and own vehicle highly desirable
- Evidence of current COVID-19 and flu vaccination
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion
If you would like to discuss this further please contact Andrew Flinn on (03) 9009 6446.
Apply now by uploading your CV at https://www.healthcareaustralia.com.au/registration
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!