Healthcare Australia is Australia’s largest nursing recruitment agency and therefore we can offer you the best opportunities across Australia. We are seeking passionate Disability Support Workers in multiple locations across Sydney.
About the Company
Work with one of Australia’s leading healthcare services that are committed to ensuring that our disability clients have an exceptional experience. This is an opportunity to work in a dedicated business that offers learning, development, and career progression.
About the Role
This is an in-home service, going to the clients private residence. Offering permanent and casual contracts. You will be provided with a career where you will receive an excellent fully paid induction, ongoing training, supportive leadership, and a learning and development plan to ensure your success and future ambitions
Key Duties Include
- Support our disability customers with activities of daily living through In-home service (we do not run Group Homes)
- Assist customers with personal care support including showering, toileting, and feeding assistance
- Provide support with complex care activities including bowel care, urinary care, and skincare
- Provide transportation for your customers within the community, including to appointments, shopping, and leisure activities
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationships with customers and their families
- Maintain a focus on your own and the customers’ safety and adhere to all health and safety guidelines and policies
Please note this is an in-home service and we do not do 7 hr shifts
The successful candidate will have
- You are a passionate person and strive for building awareness and making a positive difference in our customers’ well-being (essential)
- You have an NDIS working screening check or willingness to obtain one (essential)
- You hold a current Australian Driver’s Licence and access to a reliable, comprehensively insured vehicle (essential)
- You have a positive, flexible attitude and willingness to learn (essential)
- You have the flexibility to work mornings, evenings, and weekends
- You hold a Cert III/IV in Disability, Aged Care, or Assistant in Nursing OR experience in a similar role providing complex personal care to people with a disability
- You are a confident, professional, and articulate communicator
Other Benefits Include
- Permanent Part Time role – stable and secure working hours and organised rosters delivered in advance
- Casual also available
- Attractive KM travel allowance
- Supported learning and development program – a Career and not just a Job
- Competitive remuneration PLUS flex-up
- Uniform provision and work mobile phone
- Yearly paid Well being and Community leave days
- Effective team and leaders to collaborate with you and support your career journey with us
Why apply through Healthcare Australia?
- Designated consultant to support you through the recruitment process
- Preparation advice regarding resume, cover letter, and interview success
- Specific information regarding the role provided before the application
- Additional job options and opportunities if unsuccessful
- Exceptional service and quick progression thorough recruitment process
- Feedback requested and provided at all stages
- Continued communication and support after employment has commenced
- Free coffee on meet and greet
For more information on this exciting opportunity please call Holly O Dwyer on 029 151 4245 or 0459 482 384 or email [email protected]
Hit the APPLY NOW button to begin a new career with one of the best in the business!
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!