About the role:
- This is a casual role.
- Shifts are typically between 3-8 hours in length.
- Mixture of day shifts (AM/PM), Sleepovers, Awake duties and weekends. Something to suit anyone’s availability!
- Our staff predominately work in Supported Independent Living (SIL-Individual and Group homes) environments, however we also provide staff to support NDIS participants in their own home (daily living assistance) and in the community (Community access & engagement support).
This role is diverse! If successful, you will be given the opportunity to work with a variety of leading disability organizations, in a variety of support environments. This is a great way to continue building your skills and professional networks.
You are in control of your availability, so you nominate when you can work and we will try and match shifts to your skills and availability so you can achieve a REAL work/life balance!
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Minimum 6-12 months experience working with people living with a disability – SIL experience is highly regarded
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate – (or willing to obtain)
- Current BLUE CARD/ QLD Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- Current NDIS WORKER’S SCREENING CLEARANCE QLD ( or willing to obtain).
- Smart phone (HCA uses an APP for managing your work)
- Unrestricted Australian drivers license*
- Comprehensively Insured vehicle that can be used to transport participants* – Highly regarded
* As many NDIS participants have difficulties accessing the community using public transport, staff will need to utilise their own vehicle on occasion, or, if available, use a company vehicle for these transports which is why we request applicants to have an Australian DL and an Insured vehicle that they are willing to use for work purposes.
Due to the high volume of applications, we will only be contacting successful candidates for screening. Successful applicants will be required to clear all relevant probity checks before starting in the role. To apply for this role, please follow the link and submit your resume. HCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants who have an indigenous and/or culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background.
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!