Healthcare Australia (HCA) is a national organization & registered NDIS provider specializing in Core Supports providing in home and community access support to NDIS participants on the Gold Coast.
The Role – Support Worker – HIGH NEEDS CARE & PALLIATIVE CARE:
- Looking for a qualified and skilled Support Worker to commit to regular and consistent 24/7 shift schedules including mornings/ afternoons/ evenings, active/awake nights, weekends and public holidays – to support individuals with 24/7 High Needs Care & Palliative Care
- Daily living assistance in the home and the community
- Support physical health and emotional well-being
- Complete all relevant documentation and reporting as required able to cope with the physical and mental demands of the job with a strong sense of professional boundaries
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and resilience skills
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proven skills and abilities in providing quality support to High Needs Care & Palliative Care NDIS clients 24/7
- Proven skills with Tracheostomy & Ventilator Care (essential)
- Proven skills with PEG Feeding/ PEG Management (essential)
- demonstrated experience with a wide range of clinical duties including Manual Handling & Hoisting, Bowel & Catheter Care, Personal Care & Medication Assistance
- NOTE: The successful applicant must be willing to complete 4 weeks of practical training at the Robina Hospital (ICU Unit)
- 12+ months paid work in Community, Acute Care or Nursing incl. Disability/ Individual Support/ Mental Health
- Cert III in Disability or Individual Support or higher is highly regarded
- QLD – Current “Paid” Blue Card
- QLD – Current “PAID” Yellow Card or NDIS Workers Screening
- First Aid/ CPR Certificate issued within the last 12 months
- Police Check – current
- COVID 19 & Influenza Vaccination & Immunisation Record (Measles, Rubella, Pertussis, Varicella, Hepatitis)
- Reliable vehicle with Comprehensive Vehicle Insurance
- Smartphone (iOS or Android)
- Opportunity to work consistent weekly hours
- 24/7 support with a dedicated after-hours team
- Manage your shifts and payroll on our easy to use eHCA App.
- Weekly pay
- Supportive team environment
- Competitive remuneration
- Potential to transfer interstate
Apply Today Due to the high volume of applications, we will only be contacting successful candidates for screening. Successful applicants will be required to clear all relevant probity checks before starting in the role. To apply for this role, please follow the link and send your current resume. HCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applicants who have an indigenous and/or culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) background
Sounds like the role for you?
We'd love to hear from you, apply now and take the next step in your career!